Some Spawn questions

A place to chat about Spawn news, comics, toys, or anything really.
Forum rules
Keep it clean people!
LogoPlasm
Some Spawn questions

Post by LogoPlasm » Fri May 29, 2020 8:54 pm

so, i am reading once again Spawn Origins. I wanted to know what you guys think of the 2018s to 2020 comics? I am thinking that Mcfarlane is a bit of a frustrating writing currently, as his retcons are absolutely constant as he seems to have made his mission to forget about Armageddon's events. Alongside forgetting about characters like:
Tyffany
The Heap and the Mother of Miracles
Soul Crusher
Belial
John Sankser
Mammon
As of now, seems Malebolgia's status is unknown, so he's on the list too.
This is also includes forgetting things like Jessica Priest killing Al Simmons (he seems to not recognize her, and doesn't seem to call her out for that, if he knows) and Coglistro's betrayal, which hasn't been mentioned on Al's part. which leads me to ask, did Mcfarlane say anything about not caring about continuity? did he regret Armageddon's events? (Al being revealed to be a wife basher, seems to be the reason).
But yeah, what you guys think of current comics? personally, i think peak Spawn was the comics 1 to 100, as they seemed way less bloated than the rest in terms of story. I heard many people don't like and even loathe the Jim Downing too, so if you want to talk about those comics, post what you think too.
My first post here, so apologies if it seems a bit disparate. I always wanted to discuss Spawn lore with a lot of fellow fans.